Practice Motto, Ethos and Charter
The Parkside’s motto is ”Every Person Matters”
Our Service To You
- You will be treated with courtesy and respect.
- The doctor will assess emergency matters.
- You will be treated as an active participant in the care you receive. Your doctor will discuss your condition with you and explain the reason for any treatment.
- We will explain the purpose of any drugs prescribed for you and any likely side effects.
- If we believe you need to see a specialist we will discuss this with you. We will arrange a second opinion as appropriate.
- We will visit you at home if the doctor decides that you are too ill to come to the surgery.
- We will try to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment time and you will be offered an explanation if we cannot do this.
- Whenever possible we will give 24 hours’ notice of any surgery or clinic cancellation.
- We will review your repeat medication at least once a year.
- We will maintain appropriate and accurate medical records.
How You Can Help Us
- Please be on time for your appointment.
- Let us know if you need to cancel.
- Please do not request a home visit unless absolutely necessary for medical reasons. Please contact the surgery before 10.00am.
- Repeat prescriptions need to be ordered on time.
- Tests results are available between 2.00 – 3.00pm. Please do not telephone at any other time unless absolutely necessary.
- Treat the doctors, nurses and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Advise us of any change of name, address or phone number etc.